The Mount Cameroon TOU was created by Prime Ministerial decision No 016/PM of 22nd January 2003.
The TOU cuts across three divisions 3 Divisions: Fako, Meme, Ndian Divisions (9 Councils: Limbe 1, 2 & 3, Buea, Tiko, Muyuka, Mbonge, Bamusso, Idenau) covering a surface area of 246,157ha.
Cat 1 (Surface area >100,000ha )
- Auspices: South West Regional Delegation of Forestry and Wildlife
- Conservator: Divisional Delegate of Forestry and Wildlife For Fako
- Chairperson of Management Committee: Governor of South West Region
- Chairperson Technical Committee: TOU Conservator
- National Park: Mt Cameroon National Park, a portion of the proposed Ndongere NP (in the Bakassi mangroves)
- Forest Reserves: Bomboko, Mokoko and Buea Forest Reserves (SBFR managed under the TOU), Mabeta-Kange Mangrove (zonage 5)
- Community Forests: 4 – Bimbia-Bonadikombo, Etinde, Bakingili, Woteva
- FMU:11008B and 11008A
- PAMOL: Bonja
- CDC :Boa-Plain, Idenau, Tiko, Buea, Limbe Muyuka,
Mining and Oil/Gas
- KOSMOS Energy (02 blocks) in Mokoko and MCNP, but activities have slowed down.